Contributions of appreciated securities held for over a year are generally deductible at market value, regardless of what the donor paid for them; moreover, the capital gains tax is avoided through such a gift.
Just follow these two easy steps:
- Contact our Advancement Coordinator Mehgan Bechtel.
This will ensure that we correctly credit the gift to you and our bank is aware of the stock transfer.
- Your name, address and phone number
- The name of the stock
- The number of shares contributed
- The approximate date the transaction was made or will be made
2. Have your stockbroker deliver any securities to:
Broker: Raymond James & Associates
Account Name: D.A. Blodgett St John’s
Account Number: 36156654
DTC Number: 0725
It can take up to several weeks for the stock to be credited to our account and for us to receive notice. Once DABSJ receives notice of the stock transfer, we will generate an acknowledgment letter that includes the number of shares, stock name, and the date the stock was received. Thank you for your support.