Early Childhood Attachment Services facilitates opportunities for parent-child interaction and play; guidance in regards to child development; and provides supportive counseling to children 0-5 years old, along with their families, to increase safe and nurturing environments where families can thrive.
You may benefit from this program if you are a parent experiencing:
- Stress with your children’s behavior
- Crisis in the home
- Difficulty with bonding with your children
- Have questions about development
- Experiencing grief or loss
Wish List of Needs
Below are items that ECA families would benefit from.
- Baby Cue Cards - The baby cue cards help parents visually understand different cues baby’s provide (crying, sucking, etc) and how to meet needs. They are very helpful for non-English learners and those with cognitive or learning disabilities.
- ASQ Screening Materials Kit - These kits have all the materials we need to do accurate developmental screenings on the kids we serve and teach parents tangible ways to interact and build these skills. - Would love multiple sets.
- Books: Helpful to read with kids when hard things happen (placement into foster care, adoption, incarceration, etc):
Little Dino’s Don't Yell and other books from the series.
Best Behavior Series and other books in the series.
Mindful Mantra’s series by Laurie Wright
- Amazon Gift Cards to purchase books about emotions, etc.
- Pretend and Play people – good for role play, imagination and understanding relationships.
- Baby Hygiene: Diapers – Especially size 3 and up, wipes, baby wash.
- Art Supplies to incorporate into play therapy: washable watercolor paint or tempura paint, art paper, play-doh.
- Canvas to make footprint/handprint art with families of their children – a memorable keepsake and a great attachment tool!
- Meijer Gift Cards – we use these to help supply snacks and materials for parent/child play groups.
- Mr. Potato Head – great to talk about emotions, fine motor activities, etc.
- Travel Dollhouse – great for play therapy.
REMINDER: When ordering from Amazon, we would love for you to select D.A. Blodgett - St. John's on Amazon Smile to provide even more support to DABSJ!