Strong communities start with families. Strong families start with kids. Since 1887, that’s where our focus and passion has been.
Why We Do It
We believe in kids – no matter their story, background, or the cards they’ve been dealt.
We believe in families – our community’s most valuable resource.
Since 1887, we’ve been providing what every individual deserves.
A place to live.
A sense of stability.
A word of wisdom.
A shoulder to lean on.
At D.A. Blodgett St. John’s, we’re in the business of love – and its immeasurable returns.
We believe in caring fully, advocating loudly, and loving unconditionally.
It’s not always easy, it’s not always pretty, but it’s always the right thing to do.
Making An Impact
Agency Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission, Vision, & Values
To help children and empower families by providing safety, advocacy, and support.
A safe, nurturing home for every child, and a supportive community for every family.
- Exceptional Service: Client-focused and teaming at the center of our work.
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion: All are welcomed, valued, and belong.
- Excellence: Ongoing commitment to learning and improvement.
- Integrity: Responsibility and ownership of our actions and results.
- Creativity: Imagination, innovation, and intelligent risk taking.
- Passion: Relentless positive energy toward our mission and vision.
Sometimes parents need help raising their kids. We provide a variety of counseling and mentoring services that help families remain stable and healthy.
Sometimes, for their own safety, children cannot live with their parents. We help children who have experienced abuse or neglect with emergency shelter and healing therapy. We find them stable families through our foster care and adoption programs.