The Emerging Leaders Council, or ELC, exists to develop new relationships and engages diverse and younger supporters while cultivating leadership, volunteerism and philanthropy to help sustain and advance the mission of D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s (DABSJ).
ELC members are approximately aged 25 – 39 and emerging as leaders in their
organization, profession and/or the community. They are supportive of DABSJ’s mission,
and desire to employ their energy, creativity and unique talents to impact the lives of
abused and vulnerable kids. They have potential to develop into major donors and/or
future board members. They want to meet new people and expand their personal and
professional network, and they are willing to reach out to their existing networks in order
to promote and seek support for DABSJ.
View a list of ELC and ELC Emeritus members here.
- Give personally, commensurate with ability.
- Help raise funds through direct contact with donors, holding 3rd party fundraisers, inviting sponsors and participants to agency events or other innovative means.
- Advocate and spread the word about DABSJ’s mission and services.
- Meet as a group 1-2 times per year to provide input on strategic direction, challenges the agency may face, program and facility planning, fundraising and marketing/communications. Meeting attendance is preferred but not critical
- Attend the annual service event and December happy hour
- Meet individually with Advancement team member at their convenience for annual check-in.
- Attend the Annual Meeting/Celebrate DABSJ event to thank members for their service and have the opportunity to network with board members, other senior volunteers, and major donors.