The Emerging Leaders Council, or ELC, exists to develop new relationships and engages diverse and younger supporters while cultivating leadership, volunteerism and philanthropy to help sustain and advance the mission of D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s (DABSJ).
ELC members are emerging leaders in their organization, profession and/or the community. They are supportive of DABSJ’s mission, and desire to employ their energy, creativity and unique talents to impact the lives of abused and vulnerable kids. They have potential to develop into major donors and/or future board members. They want to meet new people and expand their personal and professional network, and they are willing to reach out to their existing networks in order to promote and seek support for DABSJ.
View a list of ELC and ELC Emeritus members here.
- Give personally, commensurate with ability.
- Help raise funds through direct contact with donors, holding third-party fundraisers, inviting sponsors and participants to events or other innovative means.
- Advocate and spread the word about DABSJ's mission and services.
- Provide input on strategic direction, challenges the agency may face, program and facility planning, fundraising, and marketing/communications.
- Initial 2-year commitment, with commitments reviewed each January.
- Attend all quarterly meetings and majority of happy hour meetings in between.