The Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) exists to develop new relationships and engage diverse and younger supporters. ELC cultivates leadership, volunteerism, and philanthropy to help sustain and advance the Mission of D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s (DABSJ) which is to help children and empower families by providing safety, advocacy, and support.
ELC members are between the ages of 25-39 and are emerging as leaders in their organization, profession, and/or the community. They are supportive of DABSJ’s mission and desire to employ their energy, creativity, and unique talents to impact the lives of our community’s most vulnerable children and families. ELC members have the potential to develop into major donors and/or future board members. They want to meet new people and expand their personal and professional networks and are willing to reach out to their existing networks to promote and seek support for DABSJ.
View a list of ELC and ELC Emeritus members here.
- Advocate and spread awareness of DABSJ’s mission and services.
- Give personally, commensurate with ability.
- Help raise funds through direct contact with donors by holding third-party fundraisers and inviting sponsors and participants to agency events.
- Meet quarterly as a group to provide input on strategic direction, fundraising, and marketing communications. Meeting attendance is crucial. (After missing two consecutive meetings, participation on the committee will be discussed.)
- Participate in one sub-committee (engagement, service, philanthropy, etc.).
- Participate in at least one service event annually (Backpack Drive, Kids First Open, Holiday Giving Drive, etc.)
- Meet individually with Advancement team members for annual check-in.
- Attend the Annual Meeting/Celebrate DABSJ Event to thank members for their service and to network with board members, other senior volunteers, and major donors.